I have more than 20 years of experience delivering strategic and creative business product solutions across multiple sectors including digital media, healthcare and semiconductors. With a user experience and digital design background, I have a track record of delivering solid product work. I utilize qualitative and qualitative innovative research methods to develop unique and creative solutions that solve complex business problems, and deliver informed and actionable business strategies. I believe that collaboration, empathy and connecting with end-users is the key to creating a successful product.
As a digital product leader specializing in Experience and Design Strategy I use my UX expertise, design sensibilities, keen observation skills and creative research methods to work with teams to make sense of complex situations and to create new offerings for clients and internal stakeholders.
I have both designed and led the creation of dozens of products from responsive Web to App design using design and design thinking to get to the core of what the end-user will ultimately find most engaging. During my time at Torstar, I have:
- built several high-functioning design teams
- established the product design practice
- established the UX practice
- led the creation of the digital product Design System
- led the product design team through Torstar’s digital transformation
- recruited a digital panel of readers willing to give feedback
- led regular UX studies internally called Customer Days where multiple departments connect with customers
- led the AODA project where we audited our digital properties and made design and code changes to be AODA compliant.
- co-chaired one of Torstar’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion working groups
Additionally I was part of the digital team responsible for implementing digital subscriptions for the Toronto Star, going from 0 to 60,000+ paid digital subscribers in just over a year.
I earned a Master’s of Design in Strategic Foresight and Innovation from Ontario College of Art and Design University (OCADU) and a Bachelor of Arts in English and Political Science from Mount Allison University.
I’m a curious and compassionate human. Empathy is my superpower.
I love making things and for a while Shey Home was my side hustle. Playing games, running outside (no treadmills), learning and laughing all balance an online work day.
Please connect with me on LinkedIn.
Also: Goat Yoga.